The 30 Second Commercial Challenge and 5 Memorable Things
This week's challenge was a good one! There is an upcoming local ninja obstacle competition this weekend, and my daughters are already thinking of their ninja name for when they make it big on TV.
I mentioned the importance of a good story to complement the videos of their training, and the idea of having a 30 second commercial with 5 memorable things came up.
So what are 5 memorable things about me?
- Technology geek – I leverage business technology solutions as an IT project manager for a large healthcare organization.
- Ninja Warrior saved my life – With multiple health issues including a collapsed lung, I finally improved my health 4 years ago after discovering the TV show. I enjoy training for obstacle events, races, and other sports.
- Motivating my 2 kids – I have two daughters that are 7 and 9, and enjoy activities like biking and applying a growth mindset while we learn new things together.
- FIRE set me free – I was overly frugal with a fear of spending money that set me back. Then 2 years ago with the FIRE movement I found a better way, and I now enjoy sharing money concepts like the power of compounding to others.
- Craft Beer fan – I started trying different craft beers like IPAs and Stouts 6 years ago with the goal to try 2500 unique beers, and have reached 1000 this year.